Tuesday, May 03, 2011

personal battle

I really need to figure out what it is that I am going to do about this internal battle that continues to plague me. Everywhere I go I see children that are not of proper age and or weight restrictions being properly restrained in the back seat of a car. The demographics also are not of the matter. I see Caucasian, Asian, Latino / Hispanic, African America, Eastern Asian rich and poor. All the likes yet no matter what I still see this all over the place. As I was heading back to work from lunch I witnessed yet another incident where a young child (~ Age 5 / Girl) in the back seat of a Toyota Camry sitting up turned around waving at me as I am riding my motorcycle. She is jumping up and down from side to side all over the back seat. All the while the mother was on her phone chatting it up and attempting to drive the car.

I have seen too many car accidents where this is the case and a fatality occurs because of the neglect of the parent and an innocent child is now dead. Wake the FRACK UP people. Do something about it. Stop the madness and the innocent children dieing because you cannot make up your mind to either stop the car and take care of business and put the child in their seat like they are supposed to be, obtain the necessary child seat to properly restrain your child according to your local State and Federal Laws. There are even some States that offer free child seats as well as Hospital systems.

While my ranting and raving here may not do any good to those who read it I hope however that some people are now further aware of this and take the steps to further advocate the issue with those that need to be notified. Now by no means am I saying that people should go all vigilante or go to some violent extreme to those that are 1. breaking the law 2. putting their innocent child's life in danger and 3. pretend to be a officer of the law. Simply in a cool calm and collected manner inform the driver of the vehicle of the dangers, call your local law enforcement agency and inform them of the infraction that you are witnessing and provide them with the needed information so that they can take the necessary steps.

My full hopes out of this thing is to just ensure the safety of the innocent child who knows no better.

No comments: