Saturday, April 02, 2011

Still wondering. How is it.

As I sit here this fine day that is partly cloudy and with lots of wind and just coming back from a MeMaw's birthday celebration. I wonder still how it is that I came to be who I am and what it is that I am doing these days. I know my father, not as well as I would like to know him but yet still know him none the less. What it is that I wonder is how it is that I am the way that I am and how it is that I think the way that I think and how my mannerisms are they way they are. I wonder why I like the things that I like and act the way I act. I still wonder if the reason I like to tinker on things more than anything else or like to do lots of different things is because that is how I perceive my father to also be. Having your hand in tons of different things and yet not an exact expert in any one thing. For instance one of the things that is different between my father and I is that he like beer and I do not. We both like wine, we both like / love flying, we both like to do all kind of different things and we for sure have opinions on all kinds of things. I do know that I am at least smart enough to not get into an argument with the man as I know that it will be an uphill battle and no one will win per say. We are both very strong headed that way. As I sit here writing this I am reminded of how much I miss him and just talking to him. Although we talk via technologies like Skype it is still not enough some times. He has this grandiose scheme to move to Canada far from civilization it seems to be on his own land and work it to feed a family and just live happy and content by him self. Although his thoughts are also to have me, my wife and two children also live with him. I know it would be the happiest thing for him for all eternity and I also know that it would just about drive me and my own wife to some happy spot but up the wall at the same time. I know that growing up I always have a missing link in my life for that "father" figure and until now it seemed that no one wanted to fill that role and be an active part of it. Now that I have it I am not sure what to do with it or how to handle it.

I know again that my thoughts and how I write are random and jump around but again remember the title? Random Very Random.

RVR.

No comments: