Sunday, April 03, 2011

Some good eats.





Ok, I am not the biggest foody out there but man oh man do I know a great steak, filet, piece of meat. We belong to a winter CSA this year and we go to a local farmers market all summer long and have been for at least two years now. At this farmers market there is a lady who does all kinds of meat products and she dabbles in fresh eggs and some herbs and such. Since buying our meats from her I have been taken back a fair bit and some what turned off of eating steaks or others means of meat out at a restaurant as I know that I can get a better one and make it just like I want at home. So I have sent her a couple pictures before of what I have done to the filets. I am now going to post some of them up here on my blog and am going to try to do this often. Every time I will prepare them a bit different.

This time I made a marinade of olive oil, some red wine, rosemary, thyme, Italian seasoning salt and mint. I let the marinade sit over night while the meat defrosted. As I write this my mouth is watering. Later tonight I will grill them. I will keep a water bottle handy to keep any searing flames down and also to keep the inside of the grill nice and moist. This helps to keep the moisture in while cooking. I do this with just about every type of meat that we cook on the grill as it can get very dry. I do this for Chicken, steaks, hamburgers, dogs you name it. Even with vegetables.

I hope you enjoy and come back for more later.

No comments: